I have wanted to keep everyone updated on what is going on with the numbness in my arm/back that I posted about, especially since I haven’t been able to type in a while. I had an MRI done last week and received the results today. I have a herniated disc in my back. I will be referred to a doctor that specializes in this area later this week. I will continue to post updates as I get them. As always, please continue to pray.
There are so many things that clamor for our attention. We live in a world of constant stimulation with all of our electronic devices; our phones beep and vibrate with emails, text messages, Facebook comments and phone calls. It seems like someone is always trying to talk to us in one form or fashion.
"Miss anything else, but do not miss My voice.
I just found out that someone who means the world to me nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. She is someone who inspires me all of the time~ http://iprodigaldaughter.wordpress.com
I feel extremely blessed that God brought you into my life. Love ya sis!
Here are the guidelines if you decide to participate:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post the award image on your page
- Tell seven (7) random facts about yourself
- Nominate fifteen (15) other blogs
Here are seven random facts about me:
- I am extremely clumsy
- I have a cat named Gracie
- I got a new phone yesterday and I am so excited
- I turned thirty-years old this past August
- I dream of living where it is warm year-round
- I love french-vanilla coffee
- My favorite color is purple
~Here are my nominations for this award. These people probably don’t even know it, but they are a great encouragement and inspiration to me, each in their own way. Thank you for that~
Three of my fingers went numb last weekend and when I called the nurse at my family doctor’s office, she told me that she believes I have a pinched nerve. I doubt I will be able to type very much for a while. I wanted to let all of my friends on here know what was going on so you did not think I just disappeared. I am going to try to get into the doctor tomorrow so hopefully I should know more soon. As soon as I am feeling better, I will be back to writing. I will keep you all updated. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
Faithful Blogging Prompt #25: Do you keep a gratitude journal?
~I don’t anymore and I think that is something I need to start doing again. To start it, I thought I would see how many things I could think of that I am grateful for. Here they are…
- My son
- Jesus Christ
- My fiance/Riley’s dad
- Both sides of our families
- My cat
- Being able to read and write
- How good Riley’s health is
- To have a place to live
- That I was able to buy my son some Christmas gifts
- To have a camera to capture the wonderful memories of my son’s childhood
- That my son is not being abused
- For the days I’m not depressed or anxious
- For the nights that I sleep well without nightmares
- For all of the times I have without a flashback of my abuse
- Every time I see Riley smile or…
- hear him laugh
- Every time I smile or…
- Writing poetry
- To be alive
- To be saved by God!
- To not be using drugs anymore
- For good doctors
- Because Riley is such a happy baby
- We were able to buy gifts for other people in our families, too
- We don’t go hungry
- God is always near me, I am never alone
- Healing is beginning to take place inside of my heart, mind and soul
- We have heat to keep us warm
- We have clothes on our backs
- The Holy Spirit
- Meeting new people and making new friends, even when the friendships don’t last
- Being a strong woman
- For the family I don’t see often
- For the wonderful memories I have of me and my grandmother before she passed away
- For the Bible
- That the Lord is my Father
- My laptop computer
- My iPod
- Applications that help me keep my thoughts organized on my iPod
- Applications for Christians on my iPod
Why does it seem like everything ends
just as it is beginning
A beautiful friendship
Lost in the crowd
of popularity and confusion
How do I get it back
I don’t think I can
No regrets until now
A spur of the moment night
turns a lifetime into dust
It’s all gone
The love, the memories and emotions
lost forever in this world full of chaos
Day after day, getting worse
and there’s nothing I can do about it
but think and worry and wonder and cry
Is it gone forever
Anything can happen and everything did
That is my problem
Now it’s over and I’m all alone
It’s gone forever
~Written by Tabitha~
It's Blogging Week here at Cristian Mihai blog (yeah, I don't have a fancy name for my blog). We'll talk about blogging, different tools that make blogging easier, and other stuff. The other stuff is mostly related to some of the do's and don't of blogging, what works and what doesn't.
Everything you're about to read is common sense. So, please, don't expect some 3 step tutorial to gaining a billion followers.
The Bible Verse I am hoping to get some feedback about today is Isaiah 53:5-6. “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
~I am hoping to get more comments this time so that we may be able to finally get a discussion going. What really sticks out to me are the words “pierced and crushed and punishment”. Jesus went through horrendous torture and eventual death to pay the price for our sins, MY sins! It is still hard for me to imagine sometimes and to know how to express my gratitude towards God because I feel like I could never do enough to show Him how thankful I am that I have a chance to spend eternity at His side because He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross.
~Something else that I thought about while studying Verse 5: “…the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.” That shows just how amazing God’s Grace really is. Also, in Verse 6 “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.” ~Can you imagine? Someone else commits a crime and you pay the price? That is what happened with Jesus. This verse is saying that EVERY ONE OF US SIN. We all do and Jesus is the one who paid the price of every single one of our sins.
~This verse reminds me of a few things. First of all, I need to remember that sin is sin. There is not a big sin or little sin (in my view), sin is sin. The other reminder for me is to always be thankful. No matter how hard of a day I may be having, I always need to continue to show my gratitude towards the Lord for everything He has done, everything He is doing, and all that He will do in the future. It is because of Him and the sacrifices of His Son that I (we) have the chance at spending an eternity with Him in Heaven. Thank You, Lord!